Cookie Notti Crunchy Chicken Satay, takes a sweet cookie spread made by Penotti, and combines it with Asian flavors and texture to create a beautiful balance between sweet and savory, adding in the char of grilling and the moist and succulence of organic and humanely raised chicken. The end result, simply delicious!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemongrass
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon raw organic sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cookie Notti Crunchy spread by Penotti
- 10 bamboo skewers
Cookie Notti Crunchy sauce:
- 3/4 cup of Cookie Notti Crunchy by Penotti
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chilis
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peanuts crushed
- 3–4 butterleaf lettuce leaves shredded
- 1/2 long red pepper slivered
- Place skewers in warm water and let soak for a few hours.
Marinade for chicken:
- In a bowl whisk coconut milk, cookie notti, sesame oil, add in curry powder, chinese five spice, lemongrass, sugar, white pepper, minced ginger and sea salt. Whisk until well blended and set aside.
- Wash and dry chicken, slice chicken lengthwise in 1 inch, 2cm strips, and palce in a bowl.
- When all the chicken is sliced pour marinade over it and blend the marinade well into chicken.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge to marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Pre-heat bbq to 400 F.
- Take skewers out of the water and place 2-3 slices of the chicken skewering it lengthwise , and continue doing this until all satay are done.
- Place a grilling sheet on the bbq, and let heat up a bit, then place satay skewers onto the sheet. Turn when grill marks appear about 1-3 minutes, and keep turning until all sides have that beautiful grill mark total time 14 minutes.
- Check the skewers with a thermometer and it should read between 160-165 Degrees F.
Cookie Notti Crunchy Sauce:
- While satay is grilling get a small saucepan and heat up sesame oil, red chili flakes and Cookie Notti Crunchy on low to medium heat stirring constantly.
- Add in dark soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and whisk. Slowly add the water a little at a time until you get a nice flowing creamy consistency.
- Toss in crushed peanuts and stir. Take off heat.
- You may not use all the water, it all depends on the consistency you enjoy, mine I gauge by scooping a spoonful. If it slowly runs off the spoon and is on the thicker side it is done.
- I used the Cookina grilling sheet on the barbecue. If you don’t have one just oil the grill well to ensure chicken won’t stick to the grill. Also when turning place satay on another part of the grill that has not been cooked on.