- 130 g butter, melted
- 150 g flour type 0 (or all purpose)
- 120 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 ml milk, lukewarm
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- a pinch of salt
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a bain marie and set aside.
- Melt the instant coffee in the lukewrm milk.
- In an electric mixer beat the egg and the sugar until smooth and foamy.
- Add slowly and alternatevely the milk and the flour.
- Add the baking powder and salt.
- Incorporate the butter at the end.
- Put the batter in the fridge for a couple hours.
- After that time, preheat the oven to 250°C (485°F).
- Generously grease the molds and with the help of two teaspoons, pour the batter, paying attention not to fill the molds completely.
- Cook at high temperature for 4 minutes, then lower the temperature to 200°C (400°F) for 5 more minutes (or until a toothpick inserted will come out clean).
- Let cool and serve.
You can refrigerate the batter overnight and bake the madeleines in the morning.