- 1 small acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon herb blend (basil, oregano, sage, thyme)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemongrass
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- Pinch of Chinese all spice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 and 3/4 cups water (for the rice)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
Sesame Wasabi Mayo dressing:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 tsp wasabi
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice squash in half, and scoop out seeds and pulp.
- Cut squash into half round slices approx 1 cm thick.
- Dress with olive oil, a mix of dried herbs (we used our homemade oregano, sage, thyme, basil mix), salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet and into a pre heated 375° F oven for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan add rice, coconut milk, water, a dash of salt, cover and bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep covered.
- In a wok heat up 1 tablespoon of canola oil and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Toss in red pepper, orange pepper, zucchini, yellow zucchini. Stir fry for about 10 minutes.
- Add in garlic, ginger, and lemon grass, five spice, and stir fry for another minute.
- Add in a couple of tablespoons of vegetable broth. Reduce and take off heat.
Sesame Wasabi Dressing:
- In a bowl whisk mayo, wasabi, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, sugar, hoisin sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in squeezable bottle.
- Fork rice to fluff it up a bit and place a nice amount in a bowl.
- Arrange veggies and squash, and add a small handful of shredded lettuce to the bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Ready to serve.
For the dressing, substitute with vegan mayo for a vegan option.
- Serving Size: 4 servings