Coconut Raspberry Spelt Muffins, moist and tender, with a delicious coconut flavor, juicy raspberries bursting through, and cocoa nibs adding a delightful crunch. A muffin, a cup of coffee, some more berries on the side and your loved one by your side. What a great start to the day!
- 125 g white spelt flour + a touch more for the raspberries
- 30 g unsweetened desiccated coconut (cocco rapè)
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125 g plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 60 g vegetable oil (I used peanut oil)
- 60 g milk (I used organic 2%)
- 125 g fresh raspberries
- 1 Tbsp cocoa nibs, for the topping
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C) and line a muffin tin with 6 muffin paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together: spelt flour, desiccated coconut, sugar and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: Greek yogurt, egg, vegetable oil, milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix with a spatula. Do not over mix, the mixture should still be lumpy and look under mixed.
- Wash and pat dry the raspberries, leaving some aside for the topping. Toss them in flour and gently fold them in the batter.
- Fill the muffin cups (I used an ice cream scoop) for about 2/3, place 2-3 whole raspberries on top of each muffin and sprinkle a few cocoa nibs.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, checking them with a skewer or cake tester that must come out dry.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
The batter might be enough to make 7 muffins. Don’t overfill the muffin liners or they’ll spill out when baking.
Will keep covered at room temperature for 2-3 days. Freeze for long-term storage.