The recipe is adapted from “Maialino’s Olive Oil Cake” on Food52
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 50 g whole wheat flour
- 330 g raw cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250 g (1 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 305 g whole milk
- 3 large eggs, organic, free-range
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated orange and Meyer lemon zest
- 70 g freshly squeezed orange juice
- 55 g Orangello (or Limoncello, or Grand Marnier)
Preheat the oven to 350° F (180° C). Oil, butter, or spray a 9-inch bundt cake pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the olive oil, milk, eggs, orange and lemon zest, orange juice and orange liquor.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter (which will be fairly liquid) into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until the top is golden, cracked, and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake to a rack and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Run a plastic knife around the edge of the pan, invert the cake onto the rack and let cool completely about 2 hours.