A seasonal dessert that will envelop you in a cozy, warm hug. Imagine chunks of pear and walnuts tucked in a tender, crumbly, dark chocolate cake, with hints of cocoa, cinnamon, and cardamom coming through.
- 100 g milk
- 60 g dark chocolate
- 125 g cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 120 g butter, softened
- 135 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cardamom
- 4 g baking powder
- 70 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- In a saucepan heat up the milk, add the dark chocolate, and stir until it melts. Then, add the sugar and stir to combine.
- Let cool slightly, then add the eggs, one at a time, whisking after every addition.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the softened butter and beat until frothy. Slowly, add the chocolate/egg mixture and mix to combine.
- After, add the flour mixture a little at a time and blend until incorporated.
- Lastly, add the chopped walnuts and pear. Mix with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Place the bundt on the middle rack of the preheated oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool on a rack before unmolding.