- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the softened butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix until combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in the flour, potato starch, baking soda and salt, and beat on medium-low speed until combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks until just combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to shape the dough into balls, and place them on the prelined baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are just set. The centers may look slightly undercooked. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: International