- 1 lb good quality lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoon Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated D.O.P Aged Asiago
- 4 rustic ciabatta buns, cut in half, buttered and dusted lightly with garlic powder
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper diced
- 4 chanterelle mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe vine tomato
- 4 tablespoon Tempura flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ice cold water
- dash of sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 leaves of green leaf lettuce
- 4 pieces of Raclette cheese
- Place ground beef into a medium stainless steel bowl.
- With hands washed break up the ground beef.
- Add olive oil, breadcrumbs, oregano, rosemary, parsley, onion powder, minced garlic, paprika, salt and black pepper.
- With hands blend spices into meat till well incorporated.
- Add in grated Asiago and mix well again.
- Cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge.
- In a sautée pan, drizzle olive oil to coat pan.
- Bring pan and oil to medium heat and toss in onion and garlic.
- Stir for a minute and then add red and yellow peppers, sautée for a few minutes.
- Add in chanterelle mushrooms and cook for another few minutes till vegetables soften.
- Set aside.
- Take ground beef out of the fridge and uncover.
- Scoop out a handful of the ground beef and roll into a meatball, the flatten into a hamburger shape, then place on a plate.
- Repeat this until all the ground beef is used up.
- Preheat barbecue grill to around 400°F.
- Clean and oil grills.
- Place burgers on grill after around 10 minutes or so, then turn burgers 180 degrees.
- Cook for another additional 5 minutes.
- Flip the burger and repeat the steps again.
- Just before burgers are done place a piece of Raclette cheese on top to melt.
- Take ciabatta buns cut in half and butter and dust with garlic powder.
- Place on top rack of grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes, till grill marks appear.
- Take ciabatta buns off of grill along with burgers, let rest a few minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan fill with canola oil about 1/2 full and place on medium to high heat.
- Slice tomato into thin slices
- In a bowl toss in tempura flour, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Mix well, then take cold water and mix into tempura. The batter has to be a bit thick as we don’t want the juices of the tomato to run out.
- Take tomato slices and put in tempura batter. Let excess drip off then place carefully into oil.
- Fry till batter is nice and crispy golden brown.
- Take out of oil with slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
- Take bottom of ciabatta bun.
- Put some mustard, ketchup, mayo, on bun.
- Place burger onto bun.
- Put some of the sautéed vegetables on top of burger.
- Add a few slices of the tempura tomato.
- Lay a nice leaf of lettuce.
- Place top bun on and squish down with your hand a bit to settle everything.
- Ready to serve.
I let the ground beef marinate overnight.