Cantaloupe Peach Chia Smoothie, a delightful way to start your Thanksgiving celebration. Light, healthy, and delicious, leaving you feeling pleasant and energized, and having enough room for that wonderful feast to come! Happy Thanksgiving Weekend for those of you in Canada.
Cantaloupe Peach Chia Smoothie, a great way to giving thanks to your self, family and friends. A wonderful show of appreciation of the human body in which you reside. Thanksgiving day, a day filled with family gathering, kitchen going full out with the smells of turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberries and gravy roasting in the oven, and simmering on the stove. A smoothie is just what the doctor orders, to help energize us, stimulate our metabolism, and infusing our bodies with care and health. An amazing kick start to a day of culinary delights.
I remember when I was young and months before Thanksgiving, thinking about that succulent, crispy skinned turkey, moist flavorful stuffing, and some candied yams and mashed potatoes smothered in gravy, with a side of buttery soft biscuit. Yes comfort food. Then the after math when this festive meal was over and feeling like a beached whale from the indulgences of food. Laying flat out on the couch as tryptophan begins to release into my body. That lovely chemical that turkey has that makes you sleepy and lethargic. Well, I have something that may help alleviate those oh so full blues and help move that mountain of food into the digestive process. How about a Cantaloupe Peach Chia Smoothie?
Let’s break down this Cantaloupe Peach Chia Smoothie!
I was amazed at the amount of nutritional and dietary content this smoothie had. In reality I had not planned on making this smoothie based on nutrition and knowledge. We just had some fruit and juices left in the fridge, and as our mantra is “waste not want not”, we wanted to use up what we had and not waste anything. With that being said, the list of things were as follows: fresh cantaloupe, peaches, orange peach mango juice, cashew milk, chia seeds, a splash of maple syrup. Oh ya for garnish some vibrant pomegranate seeds, edible flower, and a few slices of peach, and a few ice cubes to get that froth happening.
This is where this Cantaloupe Peach Chia Smoothie will amaze you. The nutrition and health that is packed in this smoothie is way past what I had expected and I have given you a breakdown below:
- Cancer prevention as it is loaded with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Anti-Oxidant contains large amounts of vitamin A and C.
- Immune system support with these vitamins helping ward off colds, and viral infections.
- Anti-inflammatory with a wide range of phytonutrients helping prevent chronic inflammation, and oxidative stress to joints and muscles, preventing arthritis.
- Eye health with the amounts of vitamin A and C helping maintain good strong eyes.
- Skin health also because of the indication of vitamin A and C helping to moisturize the skin preventing wrinkles and also providing protection against sun damage and skin cancer.
- Studies have shown that cantaloupe helps regulate blood sugar and insulin metabolism improving insulin resistance and helps prevent oxidative stress in the kidneys.
- Large amount of anti-oxidant strength.
- Vitamin C great for connective tissue synthesis and disease prevention such as colds and infectious agents.
- With moderate amounts of vitamin A and B-Carotene needed for healthy night vision, maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin, also a good indication of preventing lung and oral cavity cancers.
- Rich in vital mineral nutrients such as potassium, fluoride, and iron. Iron for red blood cell production, fluoride for healthy bones and teeth, and potassium an important component of cell and body fluids that help regulate heart rate and blood pressure.
- Chia seeds deliver huge amounts of nutrients such as manganese, magnesium, calcium, phosphorous, with very little calories.
- Loaded with anti-oxidants.
- Almost all the carbs found in chia are fiber.
- They are a source of high quality protein.
- Great aid to weight loss.
- They are high in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Have certain blood markers lowering the risk of heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- High in bone nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and protein.
- They are listed as a “super food.”
As you can see this Canteloupe Peach Chia Smoothie is health in a glass. I could have told you about the cashew milk and maple syrup, but I think you get what I was trying to say. I am still amazed by these discoveries and upon telling Nicoletta about what I found, her response was why are we not having this more often, I agree. Will make a point to making this part of our breakfast.
The process is easy everything into the blender, melon, peaches, cashew milk, juice of your choice (I used orange mango peach blend), organic maple syrup, and some ice at the end and all you have to do is pulse the blender until it is smooth. You cannot get any easier than that, and all the more reason to do it often. A great thing to take for a mid morning snack at work, in a mason jar. A quick vigorous shake and it’s ready.
The flavor is wonderful, from the subtle sweetness of the cantaloupe, to that heavenly indulgence of the peach swirled in nutty creamy cashew milk and a nice citrus punch from the orange, mango, peach juice. The texture of the chia coming in at every sip and the maple syrup, and cashew milk providing that creaminess so well deserved in this glass. The ice waking us up as it is crushed and frothed.
I am so happy with this smoothie, and how I felt after is even better. Energized, belly feeling light, my mind filled with thoughts of healthiness and vigor, total happiness. Give this Cantaloupe Peach Chia Smoothie a try. It may be just the thing to show yourself you care and be grateful for who you are!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend with whomever you are sharing it with.
From our family at Sugarlovespices to yours!
Song of the day: “Dog days are over” by Florence and the Machine.Print
- 1/2 cantaloupe cleaned, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 peaches peeled and pitted, then cut into wedges reserve a few slices for garnishing
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 3/4 cups juice (orange, mango, peach) or whatever juice you may have
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- a handful of ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds for garnishing (optional)
- Throw milk, juice, cantaloupe and peach into the blender, and pulse till fruit begins to puree.
- Add in maple syrup, and chia seeds. Pulse again for a few seconds.
- Last but not least toss in ice cubes and pulse till crushed.
- Pour into a tall glass and garnish with pomegranate seeds and peach wedges.
- Ready to serve.
We have another wonderful smoothie recipe for you: