Cambodian Tapioca Banana Pudding. Wonderful smooth tapioca pearls meets creamy coconut and slow cooked banana, with hints of cinnamon and vanilla, as a result pure delicious delight!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 35 g granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 25 g tapioca pearls
- 100 ml water + more to soak the tapioca
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- cinnamon powder
- In a bowl of warm water, soak the tapioca pearls for 10 minutes, then drain. Set aside.
- Peel the bananas and then cut into slices of 2 cm. Set aside.
- Boil 100 ml of water, the coconut milk, vanilla, salt, and sugar in a pot. Once the mixture has reached boiling point, add the tapioca pearls. Cook on low heat, stirring regularly, for about 15 minutes or until the mixture becomes thick.
- Add the slices of banana reserving a few for garnishing, and keep cooking on low heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- While the bananas are cooking take the ones reserved for garnishing and saute them in some butter in a cast pan until golden and crispy on the edges.
- Serve the pudding into bowls, top with caramelized banana, and sprinkle the cinnamon powder on top.
The Tapioca Banana pudding is great eaten warm or cold. We enjoyed it for dessert, and also breakfast.