- 1 rustic crusty torpedo bun
- 2 tbsp store bought red peppers sauce spread
- 4 thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma slices
- 1 medium burrata cheese
- 1/2 cup arugula washed and spun dry
- 1 small eggplant
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Wash and dice eggplant into nice small bite size pieces.
- In a saute pan heat up 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Toss in chili flakes.
- Drop in eggplant and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute till eggplant is soft and a bit mushy, adding a bit of water to steam out the eggplant juices. Set aside.
- Cut torpedo bun in half lengthwise and heat in a 350° F oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out of oven.
- Spread the red pepper sauce on both sides of the bread.
- Spread a layer of eggplant next.
- Place the prosciutto on the bottom half of bread and sauce and eggplant.
- Cut burrata into thin to medium slices and top with prosciutto.
- Place arugula on top of burrata and drizzle some olive oil on to it.
- Sprinkle with some crushed sea salt and black pepper.
- Top with bun.
- Wrap in paper.
- Ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes