Buckwheat Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins, a healthy, gluten-free treat, mildly sweetened with coconut sugar, and dark chocolate chips bursting inside.
- 400 g (3 cups) organic buckwheat flour
- 70 g (1/2 cup) organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 sachet (16 g; 3 tsp) baking powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) plain yogurt
- 200 ml (2/3 cup) almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 100 g (a heaping 1/2 cup) dark chocolate chips
- icing sugar for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a muffin tray with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the wet ingredients: yogurt, milk, vanilla, and oil. Stir well.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Pour the wet into the dry and with a spatula mix just until it comes together.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir briefly. Do not overwork.
- With the help of an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until a wood skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack, then sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
If you use a non-dairy yogurt, these muffins are vegan and gluten-free.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking