- 1 sheet all-butter puff pastry
- 2 small bundles broccolini
- 2 medium yellow potatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
- 1 garlic clove, lightly smashed
- pinch of peperoncino
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trim and wash broccolini, peel the potatoes.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- In a pot of salted boiling water add the broccolini. Blanch for 5-7 minutes, drain and set aside. In another pot of boiling water place potatoes whole and cook for about 10 minutes. Then drain and chop.
- In a pan over medium heat, add e.v.o. oil, garlic, and peperoncino. Add the broccolini and the potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes. Remove garlic.
- Roll out puff pastry and place in a square 9" x 9" tart pan.
- Spread the potato broccolini mixture onto the puff pastry, top with dollops of ricotta and grated fontina. Finish with a drizzle of e.v.o. oil.
- Into the oven it goes in the middle rack. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and puffed, checking it to see that it is not overcooking.
- Take out of the oven and out of the pan. Let cool slightly, then cut into quarters, or slices, as you most like it.
- Ready to serve.
- If you can't find broccolini, you can use broccoli rabe/rapini, or just regular broccoli.
- If you don't have the cheeses we used, use what you have, or better yet be creative and adventurous.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: appetizer/ main vegetarian
- Method: sauteeing/baking
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: puff pastry, olive oil, garlic, broccolini, fontina, ricotta, appetizer, potatoes, tart, baked, cheesy