- 1 and 1/2 cup flour type 0
- 1/2 cup rice flour (I used brown rice flour)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 130 g butter, shaved, cold
- 1 tablespoon plain or vanilla yogurt
- 4 tablespoons milk (I used soy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 120 g blueberries (or other beries of your choice)
- 20 g white chocolate chips, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C (360°F).
- In a medium bowl mix the two flours, sugar, baking powder.
- Add the shaved cold butter and mix fast with your hands.
- When the butter and flours reach a crumbly, sandy consistency, add the yogurt, milk and vanilla.
- Then add the blueberries or other berries and optional chocolate chips.
- Mix gently, don’t work it too much, the dough needs to stay quite sticky.
- Pour flour onto a work surface and shape the dough in a recangle that you will then divide whatever way you want (I got 8 quite big triangles).
- Place the scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook in the oven, middle rack, for about 25-30 minutes.
If you have leftover scones, place them in a tupperware and warm them up in the oven for about 5 minutes. Good as just baked.