- 1 head savoy cabbage
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of chili flakes
- 3 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup warm water (enough to cover the bottom of the pot)
- Remove any wilted outside leaves from the cabbage, wash and roughly chop, trimming the core.
- In a tall pot (or dutch oven), add some olive oil, the cloves of garlic whole but slightly pressed, and a pinch of chili flakes.
- Saute on medium heat until the garlic is golden, then add the chopped cabbage.
- Saute for a couple of minutes, adjust with salt and pepper, add the warm water and put the lid on.
- Cook on low heat for about 25 minutes, or until your desired consistency (softer or firmer), stirring occasionally to check on the water, adding more water if needed, and taking the lid off in the last 5 minutes, letting the water dissipates.
- Remove the garlic whole before serving (if you wish).
- Serve either warm or at room temperature with a drizzle of e.v.o. oil.
Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge and reheated. They taste just as good, if not even better.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Braising
- Cuisine: Italian