Boiled Egg Endive Salad Rolls with Cashew Dipping Sauce, a deliciously light and colorful experience, packed with amazing flavors and healthful goodness.
Cashew Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Chinkiang Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp cashew butter
- 2 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 Tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- 1/2 tsp sweet soy
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 2 drops of Chinkiang vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Veggies and eggs:
- 2 large boiled eggs
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup sunflower shoots
- 3 small radishes
- 1/2 cup baby endive
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 bundle of chives
- 2 bundles vermicelli rice noodles
- 5 round sheets of rice paper
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover eggs with water.
- Once water comes to a boil, turn off the heat, cover the saucepan and let the eggs stand in the water for 12 minutes for large eggs (9 minutes for medium eggs). Then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Peel eggs and slice into 3 mm thick rounds, set aside on a plate.
- Combine mayo, soy sauce, chili paste, Chinkiang vinegar, and sesame oil.
- Whisk well until smooth and set aside.
Cashew Dipping Sauce:
- In a food processor, combine Chinkiang vinegar, cashew butter, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili paste, sweet soy, cane sugar.
- Pulse until mixture becomes smooth and well incorporated, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan bring 4-6 cups of water to boil.
- Turn off and place vermicelli noodles in and stir to loosen noodles.
- Leave in water for about 2-3 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Take out of water and drain.
- Drizzle some sesame oil and toss the noodles to keep them from sticking, set aside.
- Take a clean dish towel and moisten with warm water, and spread out on counter.
- Fill a large bowl with warm to hot water.
- Place two rice sheets at a time into the bowl leave for about two minutes or until soft and workable.
- Carefully take one rice sheet out and spread out on the wet dish towel.
- Take two egg rounds and carefully place on the center of the rice paper.
- Place some salad greens, sunflower sprouts, then endive on top of the eggs.
- Take some of the vermicelli noodles and place on each side of the egg and greens lengthwise, this will help hold things together.
- Top endive with carrots, cucumbers, and drizzle some wasabi mayo on top.
- Place some radish rounds and finally the pickled asparagus and crushed nuts.
- To roll, fold the left and right sides into the center, then start rolling the rice paper into the middle using your fingers to hold the filling in tight as you complete the roll and rice paper overlaps.
- Once completed place on serving dish.
- Repeat this process until all rolls are completed.
- Serve with a nice ramekin of the cashew dipping sauce.
- To eat, cut salad rolls in half carefully.
- With a spoon drizzle some of the cashew sauce inside and bite in.
- Ready to serve!