- 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely grated orange zest
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1–1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh wild blueberries
For the Orange Glaze:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) orange juice
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until light and creamy.
- Beat in milk, orange zest and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together all but 1 tbsp of the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture until smooth and blended.
- Toss blueberries with remaining flour; fold half into batter.
- Scrape half of the batter into 9- x 5-inch (2 L) parchment paper-lined loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining blueberries.
- Scrape remaining batter over berries, smoothing top.
- Bake in 350ºF (180ºC) oven until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a rack for 5-10 minutes.
- Orange glaze: In a bowl, mix icing sugar with orange juice, stirring until sugar is dissolved,
- With a spoon pour glaze evenly over top.
- Let cool on a rack.
Wrap in waxed paper or plastic and store for up to 4 days or overwrap in foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
- Serving Size: 12 portions