- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1 cup blueberries
- turbinado sugar (for the topping)
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease the cups.
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and blend them together with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil, and beat with a whisk until frothy.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just incorporated.
- Lastly fold in the blueberries, gently.
- Use a spoon or an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cups to 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle some turbinado sugar on the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester into the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool on a wire rack.
They freeze well, well wrapped in plastic, for about a month. Warm them up in the oven, and they're as good as fresh.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes