Enjoy the last of the summer fruit making delicious muffins that are packed with flavor! Juicy blackberries, sweet peaches, with a hint of cinnamon, and vanilla brighten these dairy-free muffins for a delightful breakfast.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 peach
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash the blackberries, and pat dry. Peel the peach and cut into chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil and the sugar until foamy, then add the eggs, one at a time.
- Next, stir in milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet mixture.
- Start mixing, then add the blackberries and peach chunks. Stir just until combined.
- Spoon into the paper-lined muffin tins, filling to the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden and firm to the touch.
They freeze well. I wrap them individually in plastic wrap and place in a ziplock bag.