For the Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated or cane sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (227 g) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Gosling’s dark rum
- 3 eggs
- 1 orange, the grated zest + the juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup (113 g/4 oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Gosling's dark rum
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt cake pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add flour, both sugars, baking powder, and salt. Mix on low to blend.
- Add butter and mix on low until butter is worked in completely and the mixture have a sandy appearance. Grate the orange zest in.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk milk, eggs, orange juice, and rum. Add to the bowl and mix on low until smooth.
- Remove from the stand mixer, add 1 cup of pecans and mix with a spatula.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of pecans to the base of the bundt pan. Then, pour the batter into the pan on top of the pecans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. In the meantime, make the glaze.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter.
- Stir in sugar and water, and whisk. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. You will see it thicken and slightly darken.
- Remove from heat, pour in rum and whisk again.
- Invert cake onto a wire rack with a tray or baking sheet underneath to catch any extra glaze.
- Poke small holes all over the top of the cake with a skewer.
- Spoon the glaze all over the cake. Allow the cake to absorb the glaze and repeat until you use all the glaze.
The cake can be kept in an airtight container for a week, although it will dry a little.
You can freeze some of it, well wrapped in plastic and in a ziplock bag, for up to a month.
Warming it up before serving, rehydrates the cake.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Dessert, cakes
- Method: Baking
Keywords: cake, rum, dessert, holidays, bermuda, eat the world, butter, delicious, pecans, bundt cake