Bean medley Pakora Inspired Tacos, fusing culture is a great way to build flavor and texture. Today I have created a wonderful union of Indian cuisine meets Mexican. The end result, a play on our tongue of exotic spicy dancing with bright freshness!
- 8 small soft corn tortillas
- ¾ cup of applewood smoked cheddar, shredded
- ½ cup mild or hot salsa
- 540 ml bean medley canned beans
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp green curry
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp each onion powder, garlic powder, paprika
- 1 red potato peeled, boiled and diced
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- 2 Tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup each of green cabbage, purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 small purple onion, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil mayo
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp tomato salsa
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a cast-iron pan drizzle in olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter, bring to medium heat and toss in onions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in cumin, turmeric, coriander, onion and garlic powder, paprika, and curry. Stir well.
- Toss in beans and stir. Using a potato masher mash up beans. Toss in diced cooked potato, and peas stir gently. Add 1 Tbsp melted butter and 2 tbsp chickpea flour, stir again. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, purple onion, and green onion.
- In a small bowl combine mayo, olive oil, salsa, and sriracha, whisk and pour into bowl with cabbage mixture and toss well. Set aside.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit. Scoop out avocado with spoon and dice. Place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Toss and taste for seasoning. Add seasoning if needed. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 385 degrees F.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and form a rough oval in your hand. Press firmly to form then place into panko and coat. Put on a baking sheet. Repeat until mixture is all gone.
- Place baking sheet of pakoras into oven and cook for about 20 minutes turning them at the 10minute mark. Take out of oven.
- Heat up a cast or sauté pan. Place tortillas onto pan and let heat for 1 minute then flip over and heat through for another minute. Place on a plate and cover until all tortillas are warm.
- Take a tortilla, sprinkle some shredded cheddar, place a couple of the pakoras and break them up a bit onto tortilla.
- Top with some slaw and guacamole, some more shredded cheddar, and a nice dollop of salsa. Add a couple of slices of fresh lemon.
- Ready to serve.
- Category: Vegetarian
- Cuisine: Fusion
Keywords: tacos, pakoras, spices, vegetarian, tortillas, avocado, purple cabbage, fusion