Lamb Chops marinade:
- 8 Lamb chops
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion pwder
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp basil paste
- 2 Tbsp red wine
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh cracked pepper
- 4 medium yellow potatoes, washed peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Parsnips, washed and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped sun dried tomatoes
- Salt, pepper
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp butter, salted
- 1 tsp Greek yogurt
- 8 stalks of yu choy or any green that you may have (rapini, broccolini, etc)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 carrots, sliced in thin rounds
- 1/2 cup radishes, sliced in thin rounds
- 1/8 cup purple onion
- sprinkling of green onion
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic cream
- pinch of salt and pepper
- pinch of sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- In a large sealable container place chops. Add in all marinade ingredients, and toss well to insure that lamb is well coated in spices. Place lid and put in the fridge overnight.
- In a large pot with water place potatoes and parsnips.
- Salt water to taste and bring to a boil
- When a fork can easily go through the potatoes and parsnips, take off heat and drain.
- With a potato masher, mash potatoes and parsnips.
- Add in milk, butter, and mashed roaster garlic.
- Mix well whipping mixture till somewhat smooth.
- Add in sun dried tomatoes and mix well again.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- In a medium pot bring water to a boil.
- Place in yu choy and let cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take out of pot and drain.
- In a saute pan drizzle in olive oil and put whole garlic in.
- When garlic starts to sizzle place in yu choy and sautee till the green is tender and juicy, about 2 minutes.
- Take chops out of fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Heat up BBQ to 500 degree F.
- Take some olive oil and saturate a piece of paper towel, clean grill and rub the grill with the olive oil.
- Place chops on hot grill for about 2 minutes and turn to create grill marks, grill for another 2 minutes. Season with salt.
- Turn over and repeat this process.
- Total grilling time is 4 minutes a side.
- Take off grill and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk olive oil, balsamic cream, mustard, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Place lettuce greens, purple onion, carrots, radishes, and drizzle a little dressing on and toss well
- Place a couple of spoonfuls of puree onto plate.
- Place lamb chops on the edge of the puree.
- Put a good handful of the salad onto plate beside lamb chops.
- Place a couple of the greens on plate as we have done in picture.
- Ready to serve.
The prep time does not include the marinating time which is overnight or about 8-10 hours.
For greens, use what you like or what you have.