- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or any sugar of your choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 banana, ripe, mashed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup white (or dark) chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Butter and flour the moulds.
- In a mixing bowl mash the banana, add the vanilla, egg, yogurt, butter.
- In another bowl mix the sifted flour, baking soda, pinch of salt, sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixing gently.
- Add the optional chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake moulds and cook in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. They should be a nice golden brown.
- Let cool on a rack and dust with icing sugar.