Based on a recipe found on “Pretty Delicious” by Candice Kumai.
- 3/4 cup organic, unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or packed light brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips and/or chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with foil paper.
- Whisk the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- in a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium speed until creamy.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and beat to combine.
- Mix in the mashed banana and 1/4 cup water, beating until just combined.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips, and mix with a spatula.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- After that time, use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop and scoop dough balls on the baking sheet, placing them about 1 inch apart (they don’t spread).
- Bake until just golden on top about 10 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to rack to cool completely.