- 2 cups fresh organic baby arugula
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- 1/4 cup of shelled toasted pistachio
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin cold pressed D.O.P. olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Fresh crushed sea salt to taste
- In a food processor toss in baby arugual, garlic, pistachio, salt, and pulse a bit to release the flavor.
- Squeeze in lemon juice and pulse some more.
- Add in parmigiano and pulse again.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil till mixture becomes smooth.
- Taste and season if required.
- Ready to use.
If you want to store the baby arugula pistachio sauce you can put it in small sealable containers making sure the olive oil tops the pesto sauce, this will ensure the freshness of the pesto and preserve its flavor and aroma. then you can put containers in the freezer till you want to use them.
When you go to use the pesto, take out of freezer and let thaw at room temperature.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes