- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 20 stalks asparagus ends cut off
- 2 medium Yukon gold potatoes sliced thin
- 1/2 cup green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano and percorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- In a saute pan add 1 tsp olive oil.
- Toss in asparagus with ends trimmed off.
- Pour in about two tablespoons of the vegetable broth.
- Wash and clean potatoes diced finely and add to asparagus.
- Add in chopped onion and saute till asparagus and potatoes are nice and tender.
- Keep adding broth till the desired tenderness is achieved, or potatoes are fork tender.
- Heat up remaining oil in a medium cast iron skillet.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with the milk.
- Add some salt and pepper.
- Put in potatoes and 1/2 the cheese and mix well
- Cut asparagus into bite size pieces leaving tips intact, and keep some long for garnish later.
- Place the pieces of asparagus into the egg mixture, mix again.
- Heat oil in skillet on a low to medium heat.
- Pour egg and veggie mixture into skillet and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and parsley.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place skillet into oven remembering to use oven mitts as the cast skillet gets very hot.
- Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Then turn the oven top low broil and grill for approximately 2 minutes or until top forms a nice golden color.
- Take out of oven and let cool a bit, then cut into triangular servings.