- 1 bundle asparagus (about 300 g)
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 egg
- 40 g Parmigiano, grated
- 30 g milk, to soak the bread
- 50 g bread, the crumb
- 1 baby bell (or the equivalent of soft easy melt cheese), chopped
- some Italian breadcrumbs
- Wash and cut the end part of the asparagus.
- Peel and cube the potato.
- In a pot of salted water, add the chopped potatoes and asparagus. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain. Cut the tips off the asparagus and set aside.
- In a mixer, puree the asparagus and the potato.
- Add the crumb of the bread to the milk and let soak.
- In a large bowl, add the pureed vegetables, the asparagus tips, the egg, the Parmigiano, the cheese, the crumb squeezed from the milk. Blend everything until smooth.
- If the mixture is too wet, add some breadcrumbs, if dry add some milk.
- In the meantime, prepare a plate with some breadcrumbs.
- Get a heaping tablespoon of the mixture in your hands and shape it into a croquette.
- Place it on the breadcrumbs and coat well. Place on a serving dish.
- Continue until all the mixture is finished.
Baking or air-frying the croquettes:
- Baking: Preheat the oven to 390° F (200° C). Brush olive oil at the bottom of a baking dish, place the croquettes distancing them a little, drizzle olive oil on top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Air frying: Brush the top pan with a little bit of olive oil, place the croquettes in, and turn it on. Cook for about 11-12 minutes, stopping midway to turn them over.
While making the croquettes, if the mixture is too wet add some breadcrumbs, if dry add some milk.