- tortilla chips
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1 small purple onion finely chopped
- 1 cob corn grilled and shucked
- 1/2 cup mixed Mediterranean olives pitted and halved
- 1 1/2 cups grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeno sliced into thin rounds
- pinch of sugar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
Assembling the nachos:
- First place the sliced jalapeno into a ramekin, add vinegar and sugar, stir and set aside.
- Take tomatoes and place in another ramekin, pour in olive oil, throw in cilantro, add salt and pepper, stir and set aside.
- Place grilled corn into a small bowl, add olive oil, chopped purple onion, chopped basil, pinch of salt and pepper, stir and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grab a 12 inch round pizza pan. Place a single layer of tortilla chips covering the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese over the tortillas then add diced red and yellow peppers, the corn and olives. Place dollops of the tomato salsa, and drizzle some salsa verde. Top with a little more grated cheddar.
- Place another layer of tortilla chips and repeat as the first. Take the pickled jalapeno slices and place on top sporadically.
- Place pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake until cheese is melting and tortillas start to color, about 10-15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle dressed tomatoes.
- Ready to serve with some tomato salsa and salsa verde on the side.
You can use Manchego cheese or a favorite type you like that melts well.
As far as the tomato salsa, choose the spiciness you want, we used hot in this case, but you can use your favorite.
For another side, sour cream is a good choice too.
If you don't want to pickle your jalapeno then there are pickled ones available at the supermarkets. You can even omit the jalapenos if you want.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: nachos, vegetarian, red peppers, yellow peppers, appetizer, Cinco de Mayo, Mediterranean olives, purple onions, finger food,