Hey, it's Cinco de Mayo! I can't think of a better thing to celebrate with, than a delicious and scrumptious plate of nachos! Today we have a real doozy filled with fresh, spicy, gooey, crispy Mexican goodness! Let us show you how we do it!
Song of the day: Despacito by Luis Fonsi
Cinco de Mayo!
Today is May 5th 2021. Can you believe it? Time seems to just fly. Well, for those of you who don't know this day, it is a day in Mexico commemorating the victory of The Mexican army over the French! Surely a day of festivities for the Mexican people.
Today we are faced with some adversity with the current world situation and large gatherings and huge parties are not happening, we have to be resourceful and celebrate anyway with the family and friends we may live with. However with the beauty of modern technology virtual parties are possible so I say when life hands you a challenge, then a good plate of nachos will do the trick!
What makes Amazing Loaded Fiesta Cheesy Veggie Nachos, delicious!
I think for everyone that is a very personal question. I will share with you our favorite ingredients which really makes for a deliciously scrumptious plate! Here's what you will need:
- good quality tortilla chips (we used organic volcanic corn tortilla chips)
- aged cheddar
- grilled corn
- purple onion
- mixed Mediterranean olives
- diced red and yellow peppers
- cherry tomatoes
- evo oil
- fresh basil
- fresh cilantro
- salsa verde
- medium tomato salsa
How to assemble Amazing Loaded Fiesta Cheesy Veggie Nachos:
I like to build it in layers. So I firstly fill the pan with a single layer of the tortilla chips. Secondly some of the grated cheddar. Followed by sprinklings of the diced peppers, halved olives, small dollops of the tomato salsa and salsa verde. Finally, another sprinkling of the grated cheddar. That sprinkling of cheddar will really hold these nachos together in a wonderfully scrumptious way! The second layer of tortilla chips repeating what we have done for the first.
A little spicy lovin for the top!
On the final topping is where I lay the sliced jalapeno, however before I even started building, I placed them in vinegar and sugar to pickle them a bit. A real flavor booster for sure! You can by them already pickled, however I like doing mine fresh. They stay crisp and also not too strong on the vinegar side!
Truly a thing of beauty!
Look at the vibrant colors. Does this not say fiesta or what! Can't wait to share and eat them with Nicoletta! Now the only thing to do is get it into the oven which was preheated to 400 degrees F.
If aroma could speak!
I always say this, however I am going to say it again. I wish there was smell vision. These nachos baking in the oven smell absolutely deeeelicious! I am going to take them out now. Take a look, see the crispy cheese on the edges. The lovely color on the tortilla chips. I love all the colors, and they didn't even fade in the cooking process. Just going to sprinkle the dressed tomatoes for freshness. I am calling Nicoletta, it is time to dig in to these Amazing Loaded Fiesta Cheesy Veggie Nacho.
The way we serve our nachos is with a side of the tomato salsa, and salsa verde. You could also have some sour cream which really tones the heat down. I really like the Pico de gallo, it is fresh, tangy and packs some good heat. Not the kind of heat that makes your tongue tingle, more so a heat that comes and goes and keeps you wanting more! As for the tomato salsa, pick the heat level you like. Today it was hot for us. Yum!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Thanks for coming and checking out these Amazing Loaded Fiesta Cheesy Veggie Nachos. Have a wonderful day and remember any time is a good time to celebrate! For more delicious tasty Mexican inspired dished check out our Huevos rancheros with black bean and avocado, or Crispy Haddock Double Shelled Tacos.
Amazing Loaded Fiesta Cheesy Veggie Nachos
Amazing Loaded Fiesta Cheesy Veggie Nachos! Hey, it's Cinco de Mayo! I can't think of a better thing to celebrate with, than a delicious and scrumptious plate of nachos! Today we have a real doozy filled with fresh, spicy, gooey, crispy Mexican goodness! Let us show you how we do it!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: serves 2-4 people 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegetarian
- tortilla chips
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 small yellow pepper
- 1 small purple onion finely chopped
- 1 cob corn grilled and shucked
- ½ cup mixed Mediterranean olives pitted and halved
- 1 ½ cups grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1 fresh jalapeno sliced into thin rounds
- pinch of sugar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
Assembling the nachos:
- First place the sliced jalapeno into a ramekin, add vinegar and sugar, stir and set aside.
- Take tomatoes and place in another ramekin, pour in olive oil, throw in cilantro, add salt and pepper, stir and set aside.
- Place grilled corn into a small bowl, add olive oil, chopped purple onion, chopped basil, pinch of salt and pepper, stir and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grab a 12 inch round pizza pan. Place a single layer of tortilla chips covering the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese over the tortillas then add diced red and yellow peppers, the corn and olives. Place dollops of the tomato salsa, and drizzle some salsa verde. Top with a little more grated cheddar.
- Place another layer of tortilla chips and repeat as the first. Take the pickled jalapeno slices and place on top sporadically.
- Place pan on the middle rack of the preheated oven and bake until cheese is melting and tortillas start to color, about 10-15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle dressed tomatoes.
- Ready to serve with some tomato salsa and salsa verde on the side.
You can use Manchego cheese or a favorite type you like that melts well.
As far as the tomato salsa, choose the spiciness you want, we used hot in this case, but you can use your favorite.
For another side, sour cream is a good choice too.
If you don't want to pickle your jalapeno then there are pickled ones available at the supermarkets. You can even omit the jalapenos if you want.
Keywords: nachos, vegetarian, red peppers, yellow peppers, appetizer, Cinco de Mayo, Mediterranean olives, purple onions, finger food,
I love baking and kneading dough because it takes me to a happy place in my soul.