- 1 cup flour 00
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- maple syrup or jam of your liking
- In a bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix almond milk, vanilla.
- Separate the egg and add the yolk to the milk.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Beat the egg white senseless till it forms peaks.
- Fold egg white gently into the batter.
- Pre-heat greased pan.
- With a ladle pour batter into pan forming a 4 inch circle.
- Place chopped pineapple onto the pancakes and flip.
- Let it cook for about a couple minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup or jam of your liking.
If we're topping the pancakes with jam instead of maple syrup, what we usually do is heat it up in a pan with some fruit juice and let simmer and thicken a bit.