Easy Almond Orange Muffins. A mix of flour and ground almonds, cane sugar, vegetable oil, egg, orange juice and zest make these muffins a delectable treat.
- 50 g almonds, coarsely ground
- 50 g cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 40 g peanut oil (or any other vegetable oil)
- 1 organic orange, the zest and juice
- 100 g type 0 flour
- 6 g baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (355° F) and line a muffin pan with 8 muffin liners.
- Grind the almonds in a mixer with a teaspoon of sugar taken from the total (I like to keep a fairly coarse ground for texture, you can choose to grind them finer).
- In a small bowl beat the egg with the sugar until foamy.
- Add the vegetable oil, slowly, and stir to combine.
- Grate the orange zest in, then add the orange juice. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder and pinch of salt. Add the ground almonds and stir.
- Pour the wet ingredients in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir with a wooden spoon just until combine. Do not overmix.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of batter in each muffin liner.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until nice and golden and a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly in the muffin pan, then finish cooling on a rack.
- Dust with powdered (icing) sugar and enjoy one right away 🙂 .
I used peanut oil, you can use any vegetable oil you like or a light olive oil.
You can use almond flour but I like the coarser texture of the ground almonds.