- 200 g (1 1/2 cups) raw almonds
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) coconut oil, melted
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) pure, organic, maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla (or almond) extract
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (160° C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Put the almonds in a food processor, pulse for about 30 seconds or until ground into tiny crumbs.
- Pour the ground almonds into a mixing bowl.
- Add salt, baking soda and mix with a fork.
- Add the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla (or almond) extract and stir to combine.
- With an ice cream scoop (for giant cookies) or with a tablespoon (for small/medium cookies), scoop the sticky mixture on to the prepared baking sheet.
- Flatten each spoonfuls into a cookie shape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool and harden on the baking sheet, then place onto a rack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes