These flourless cookies have crispy edges, a soft gooey center, pools of dark chocolate, with just a hint of sea saltiness on top. Try it, you will love how easy, fast, and delicious they are!
- 1 cup natural almond butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup muscovado sugar (or coconut sugar, or brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks or chips
- a tiny sprinkle of fleur de sel or sea salt for the topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- First, in a medium bowl mix the almond butter and the sugar.
- Next, add the egg, the vanilla, the baking soda.
- Lastly, add the dark chocolate chunks and blend until combined.
- Scoop the dough (about a tablespoon) onto the prepared baking sheets. Do not flatten.
- Optional, sprinkle a tiny bit of fleur de sel or sea salt on top of the cookies.
- Cook in the oven, on the middle rack, for about 10 minutes.
Allow the cookies to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
In order to keep them fresh longer, you can store them in an airtight container.
They freeze well wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in a Ziploc bag.