- 4 medium zucchini (about 500 g)
- 1 tablespoon evo oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 small garlic, slivered
- a few mint leaves
- Wash and slice the zucchini with a mandolin, not too thin, about 3 mm.
- Toss the sliced zucchini in a bowl with one tablespoon of evo oil then place in the air fryer basket and bake at 400°F for about 15 minutes. You can do this in two batches.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan place 1 1/2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons of water and a garlic clove, minced. Bring to a boil and boil for about a minute. Turn off heat and let cool.
- When zucchini are ready, place them in a bowl, add some salt, the water/vinegar mixture, a few mint leaves and toss well.
- Let sit for at least 1-2 hours, they get even more flavorful the day after.
Store leftover in the fridge for up to 4 of days.
If you want to fry them in oil, instead of using the air fryer, after you've sliced the zucchini, pat them dry with a towel, or let them dry out for 1 hour in the sun. Then proceed to fry. This way they will not get soggy or retain too much oil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: zucchini, white wine vinegar, salt, mint, evo oil, air fryer, vegan, healthy, summer, italian, classic