Aguacate Relleno (Stuffed Avocado with Smoked Salmon and Egg). Here’s a dish that can be served for breakfast or lunch. There is nothing like a trio of avocado, egg, and smoked salmon. Vibrant colors, equally tantalizing in taste and texture. Come with us and discover Colombia through food!
- 1 avocado
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 small free-range eggs
- 2 slices smoked salmon
- 1 stalk green onion chopped fine
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- 1 heaping Tbsp Dijon mustard with basil and lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Cut avocado in half and take the pit out. Scoop some of the middle out, creating a larger bowl.
- Brush inside of avocado with the olive oil, season with salt pepper and paprika.
- Crack eggs into the avocado and season again with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with finely chopped green onion. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and then into middle rack of oven, bake for 15 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking.
- Take out of oven. Grab a slice of smoked salmon fan and place to one side on top of the avocado.
- Garnish with a fresh sprig of dill.
- Serve with salsa and Dijon mustard on the side.
- Cook the egg to your liking, I cooked mine a bit longer.