- 1 unbaked tart shell, recipe here
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 4 tomatoes on the vine
- 2 Tbsp e.v.o. oil
- pinch of salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried (or fresh) thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- about 250/300 g of aged goat cheese (or any other cheese you want)
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- pinch of balsamic fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 425º F.
- Spread a light layer of mustard over the bottom of the tart dough and let it sit a few minutes to dry out.
- Slice the tomatoes and arrange them over the mustard in a single layer.
- Drizzle e.v.o. oil over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper, thyme and oregano.
- Arrange the slices of goat cheese on top of the tomatoes.
- Add some more herbs, fresh parsley and basil, chopped, then sprinkle the balsamic fleur de sel.
- Bake the tart for about 25-30 minutes, checking it from time to time since the temperature of the oven is pretty hot, until the dough is golden brown, the tomatoes are tender, and the cheese on top is a bit melted and nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before cutting.
The total time does not include the making of the tart pastry.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 4-6 servings