3-Ingredient Easy Raspberry Jam (No Added Pectin), so easy to make, and so wonderful to enjoy spread on toast, pancakes, waffles, or wherever your heart desires.
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 lemon, the juice
- Wash raspberries and gently pat dry.
- Wash jars in hot, soapy water, and rinse well. Then place the jars and lids on a baking sheet in the oven at 250° F to dry. Leave them in the oven until you need them.
- Put the raspberries in a large enamel-lined saucepan with a thick bottom. Add the sugar, and lemon juice.
- Place the saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil. The raspberries will fall apart as they cook, so there’s no need to mash them.
- Keep the mixture at a steady boil, stirring frequently to prevent scorching, and skimming off any foam that forms on the surface. Cook for about 15-17 minutes, or until thickened; you’ll see the bubbling also slows down. You could also check it with a candy thermometer. Usually, a jam is ready when it reaches 215°-220° F.
- Ladle or funnel into the hot jars, wipe the rim and seal tight with the lids.
- Label them, and store in a cool, dark place. Once opened, keep in the fridge.
If you like your jam to be on the sweeter side, up the sugar to 1 and a half cups. It will also make it thicker.
Adjust the cooking time according to your taste. Cook it longer if you like it thicker or less if you like it runnier.
If you double the recipe, consider that the cooking time may be longer.