A fresh, easy and quick mixed salad, is my go-to meal, especially on a sunny spring day, when you want to spend most of your time outside and want something fast yet super proteic and delicious for your lunch at home. We find that this concoction of flavours, colors, consistencies is perfect to give you energy, good mood and fill your belly without making you feel too full.
Just a can of mixed beans and chickpeas, the rest is a fresh explosion of flavours and colors: yellow and red peppers, avocado, corn, carrots, green onions, grape tomatoes, raisins, walnuts, parsley, basil and celery. A drizzle of our homemade dressing made of extra virgin olive oil, lime, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and on the side, crunchy tortilla chips right out of the oven…
Eating your veggies has never been so enjoyable.
I love eating foods with vibrant colors, they’re good for your body and your soul.
And eating fresh, no preservatives food is unbeatable. Boiling a corn and shacking it, it’s so much better for you than just opening a can.
Try this vinaigrette, is light, sweet and sour at a perfect level. The right compliment to a fresh mixed salad.
The home baked corn tortillas give that pleasant crunch to a well balanced spring meal.
This salad recipe is included in the World Recipes Expo 2015.
- 1 can mixed beans
- 1 corn
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 avocado
- 5 grape tomatoes
- 1 stalk green onion
- a handful of raisins
- a handful of walnuts
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the dressing!
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash mixed beans with cold water and toss in bowl.
- Place cob of corn in a pot of boiling water cook 15 minutes.
- Cool and shuck the corn toss in bowl.
- Dice up yellow and red pepper and place in bowl.
- Chop up celery and toss in bowl.
- Cube avocado and mix in with other vegetables.
- Half tomatoes and place in with vegetables.
- Mince up basil, parsley and sprinkle in.
- In a small bowl wisk olive oil, mayo, lime, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad and blend well.
- Chop up geen onion and sprinkle on top.
- Top with raisins, and walnuts.